December 2013 fire fighter advisory committee meeting agenda
December 12, 2013, 9:00 a.m., William B. Travis Building, 1701 N. Congress Ave., Room 1-104, Austin, Texas 78701.
The following is a tentative agenda. This agenda may be amended at the request of the executive director or a committee member prior to the meeting to the extent allowed by the Administrative Procedure and Texas Register Act and the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services, such as interpreters for persons who are hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact the agency at (512) 936-3838 two days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The Fire Fighter Advisory Committee will convene in open session to deliberate and possibly take formal action on any of the following agenda items:
- Roll call - 9:00 a.m.
- Adoption of the September 5, 2013 Fire Fighter Advisory Committee meeting minutes.
- Report from the Curriculum and Testing Committee with discussion and possible action on recommendations regarding possible changes to the Certification Curriculum Manual, including but not limited to:
- Head of Department Curriculum
- Rule changes to 37 TAC, Chapter 449, Head of a Fire Department, including, §449.1, Minimum Standards for the Head of a Fire Department, §449.3, Minimum Standards for Certification as Head of a Suppression Fire Department and §449.5, Minimum Standards for Certification as Head of a Prevention Only Department.
- Discussion and possible action regarding proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC, Chapter 421, Standards For Certification, including but not limited to, §421.1, Procedures for Meetings, §421.3, Minimum Standards Set by the Commission, §421.5, Definitions, §421.9, Designation of Fire Protection Duties, §421.11, Requirement To Be Certified Within One Year, §421.13, Individual Certificate Holders, §421.15, Extension of Training Period, and §421.17, Requirement to Maintain Certification.
- Discussion and possible action regarding proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC, Chapter 427, Training Facilities, including but not limited to, Subchapter A, On-Site Certified Training Provider, §427.1, Minimum Standards for Certified Training Facilities for Fire Protection Personnel, §427.3, Facilities, §427.5, Apparatus, §427.7, Protective Clothing, §427.9, Equipment, §427.11, Reference Materials, §427.13, Records, §427.18, Live Fire Training Evolutions, §427.19, General Information, Subchapter B, Distance Training Provider, §427.201, Minimum Standards for Distance Training Provider, §427.203, Records, §427.209, General Information, Subchapter C, Training Programs For On-Site and Distance Training Providers, §427.301, General Provisions for Training Programs - On-Site and Distance Training Providers, §427.303, Training Approval Process for On-Site and Distance Training Providers, §427.305, Procedures for Testing Conducted by On-Site and Distance Training Providers, §427.307, On-Site and Distance TrainingProvider Staff Requirements, and Subchapter D, Certified Training Facilities, §427.401, General Provisions for Training Facilities Not Owned by the State of Texas or Operated by a Political Subdivision of the State of Texas, §427.403, Financial Standards, §427.405, Policy Regarding Complaints, §427.407, School Responsibilities Regarding Instructors, §427.409, Advertising, §427.411, Cancellations or Suspensions and §427.413 Liabilities.
- Discussion and possible action regarding proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC, Chapter 435, Fire Fighter Safety, including but not limited to, §435.1, Protective Clothing, §435.3, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, §435.5, Commission Recommendations, §435.7, Fire Department Staffing Studies, §435.9, Personal Alert Safety System (PASS), §435.11, Incident Management System (IMS), §435.13, Personnel Accountability System, §435.15, Operating At Emergency Incidents, §435.17, Procedures for Interior Structural Fire Fighting (2-In / 2-Out rule), §435.19, Enforcement of Commission Rules, §435.21, Fire Service Joint Labor Management Wellness-Fitness Initiative, §435.23, Fire Fighter Injuries, §435.25, Courage to be Safe So Everyone Goes Home Program, and §435.27, Live Fire Training Structure Evolutions.
- Discussion and possible action regarding proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC, Chapter 439, Examinations For Certification, including but not limited to, Subchapter A, Examinations For On-Site Delivery Training, §439.1, Requirements - General, §439.3, Definitions, §439.5, Procedures, §439.7, Eligibility, §439.9, Grading, §439.11, Commission-Designated Performance Skill Evaluations, §439.13, Special Accommodations for Testing and §439.19, Number of Test Questions, Subchapter B, Examinations For Distance Training, §439.201, Requirements - General, §439.203, Procedures and §439.205, Performance Skill Evaluation.
- Discussion and possible action regarding proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC, Chapter 441, Continuing Education, including but not limited to, §441.1, Objective, §441.3, Definitions, §441.5, Requirements, §441.7, Continuing Education for Structure Fire Protection Personnel, §441.9, Continuing Education for Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Personnel, §441.11, Continuing Education for Marine Fire Protection Personnel, §441.13, Continuing Education for Fire Inspection Personnel, §441.15, Continuing Education for Arson Investigator or Fire Investigator, §441.17, Continuing Education for Hazardous Materials Technician, §441.19, Continuing Education for Head of a Fire Department, §441.21, Continuing Education for Fire Service Instructor, and §441.23, Continuing Education for Wildland Fire Fighter.
- Discussion and possible action on future meeting dates, locations and agenda items.
- Adjourn meeting.
Fire fighter advisory committee meeting
December 14, 2017, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104
Curriculum and testing committee meeting
January 24-25, 2018, TCFP conference room
January 24, 2018, 2:00 pm., Room 1-104
January 25, 2018, Room 1-104
Fire and life safety educator ad hoc committee meeting
March 5-6, 2018, TCFP conference room
April 26, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104
July 11, 2018, 2:00 pm., Room 1-104
July 12, 2018 Room 1-104
October 25, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104