December 2015 fire fighter advisory committee agenda
December 4, 2015 10:00 a.m., William B. Travis Building, 1701 N. Congress Ave., Room 1-104, Austin, Texas 78701.
The following is a tentative agenda. This agenda may be amended at the request of the executive director or a committee member prior to the meeting to the extent allowed by the Administrative Procedure and Texas Register Act and the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services, such as interpreters for persons who are hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact the agency at (512) 936-3838 two days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The Fire Fighter Advisory Committee will convene in open session to deliberate and possibly take formal action on any of the following agenda items:
- Roll call - 10:00 a.m.
- Adoption of September 23, 2015 Fire Fighter Advisory Committee meeting minutes.
- Report from the Curriculum and Testing Committee with discussion and possible action on recommendations regarding possible changes to the Certification Curriculum Manual, including but not limited to the following:
- Inspector I Curriculum
- Inspector II Curriculum
- Plans Examiner I Curriculum
- Basic Fire Inspector Curriculum outline
- Basic Fire Inspector reference list
- Discussion and possible action on development of new curricula and possible new certifications.
- Discussion and possible action on proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC Chapter 431, Fire Investigation, including but not limited to Subchapter A, Minimum Standards For Arson Investigator Certification, §431.9, Minimum Standards for Master Arson Investigator Certification, and Subchapter B, Minimum Standards for Fire Investigator Certification, §431.209, Minimum Standards for Master Fire Investigator Certification.
- Discussion and possible action on fees charged by the agency.
- Discussion and possible action on setting future meeting dates, locations and agenda items.
- Adjourn meeting.
Fire fighter advisory committee meeting
December 14, 2017, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104
Curriculum and testing committee meeting
January 24-25, 2018, TCFP conference room
January 24, 2018, 2:00 pm., Room 1-104
January 25, 2018, Room 1-104
Fire and life safety educator ad hoc committee meeting
March 5-6, 2018, TCFP conference room
April 26, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104
July 11, 2018, 2:00 pm., Room 1-104
July 12, 2018 Room 1-104
October 25, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104