March 24, 2016 fire fighter advisory committee meeting agenda
March 24, 2016, 9:00 a.m. 1701 N. Congress Ave., William B. Travis Building, Room 1-104, Austin, Texas 78701.
The following is a tentative agenda. This agenda may be amended at the request of the executive director or a committee member prior to the meeting to the extent allowed by the Administrative Procedure and Texas Register Act and the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services, such as interpreters for persons who are hearing impaired, readers, large print or Braille, are requested to contact the agency at (512) 936-3838 two days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The Fire Fighter Advisory Committee will convene in open session to deliberate and possibly take formal action on any of the following agenda items:
- Roll call - 9:00 a.m.
- Election of officers.
- Adoption of December 4, 2015 Fire Fighter Advisory Committee meeting minutes.
- Report from the Curriculum and Testing Committee with discussion and possible action on recommendations regarding possible changes to the Certification Curriculum Manual, including but not limited to the Incident Safety Officer Curriculum reference list.
- Discussion and possible action on proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC Chapter 437, Fees, including but not limited to, §437.13, Processing Fees for Test Application and §437.17, Records Review Fees.
- Discussion and possible action on proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC Chapter 439, Examinations for Certification, including but not limited to, Subchapter A, Examinations For On-Site Delivery Training, §439.1, Requirements-General, §439.3, Definitions, §439.7, Eligibility, §439.9, Grading, and §439.11, Commission-Designated Performance Skill Evaluations.
- Discussion and possible action on proposed rule changes to title 37 TAC Chapter 451, Fire Officer, including but not limited to, Subchapter C, Minimum Standards for Fire Officer III, new §451.307, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) Seal; and Subchapter D, Minimum Standards for Fire Officer IV, new §451.407, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) Seal.
- Discussion of the 2015 data collected on fire fighter injuries, and possible action on developing recommendations to be submitted to the commission for approval and inclusion in the annual report to be sent to the State Fire Marshal's Office.
- Discussion and possible action on setting future meeting dates, locations and agenda items.
- Adjourn meeting.
Fire fighter advisory committee meeting
December 14, 2017, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104
Curriculum and testing committee meeting
January 24-25, 2018, TCFP conference room
January 24, 2018, 2:00 pm., Room 1-104
January 25, 2018, Room 1-104
Fire and life safety educator ad hoc committee meeting
March 5-6, 2018, TCFP conference room
April 26, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104
July 11, 2018, 2:00 pm., Room 1-104
July 12, 2018 Room 1-104
October 25, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Room 1-104