Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Alamo Area Fire Chiefs Association fire fighter/EMT
(includes Balcones Heights, Bracken, Bulverde Spring Branch, Castle Hills, Cibolo, District 2 ESD, District 7 ESD, Helotes, Kerrville, Leon Valley, Live Oak, Olmos Park, Schertz, Selma, Shavano Park and Universal City)
- Anna fire captain
- Aransas Pass fire fighter/EMT
- Bexar County 2 FD (Bexar County ESD 2) fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Breckenridge fire fighter/EMT
- Converse fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic
- Crandall part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Cy-Fair VFD deputy chief - training and assistant chief - operations
- Desoto fire fighter/paramedic
- Fredericksburg fire chief
- Galveston fire fighter/EMT
- Gladewater fire fighter/EMT
- Harris County ESD 46 (Atascocita VFD) assistant fire chief
- Hays County ESD 6 (North Hays County FR) fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic
- Highland Village fire fighter/paramedic
- Humble fire fighter/paramedic
- Hutchins fire fighter/paramedic
- Katy fire chief
- Keller fire fighter/paramedic
- Kingsville fire fighter/paramedic
- La Vernia part-time fire inspector
- Liberty fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Lockhart fire fighter/EMT
- Lone Star College - CyFair part-time adjunct faculty, fire science
- Longview fire fighter/paramedic
- Marshall fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Melissa part-time fire fighter/paramedic
- Midlothian fire fighter/paramedic
- Montgomery County ESD 9 (Caney Creek VFD) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 12 (Cut-N-Shoot VFD) fire fighter/EMT
- Mount Pleasant part-time fire fighter
- Nueces County ESD 1 (Annaville FD) fire fighter/paramedic and paramedic
- North Richland Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Port Neches fire chief
- Portland fire fighter/EMT
- River Oaks part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Sachse fire fighter/paramedic and part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Sansom Park fire fighter/EMT
- Seguin fire fighter/paramedic
- Sheldon Community FR fire fighter/EMT
- Spring captain/EMT
- Sweetwater fire fighter
- Temple ARFF specialist
- Texas City fire fighter/paramedic
- Travis County ESD 8 (Pedernales FD) fire fighter
- Vernon fire fighter/EMT
- Victoria fire fighter/EMT, fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic
- Wylie fire inspector/fire investigator
The State Fire Marshal's Office, a division of the Texas Department of Insurance, currently has three openings:
- Deputy State Fire Marshal (Travis County)
- Deputy State Fire Marshal (District 3)
- Deputy State Fire Marshal (District 6)
- DSFM - Licensing Investigator (San Angelo/Big Spring)
For information about how to apply for SFMO openings, please visit TDI's human resources page.
The Texas A&M Forest Service lists current openings at firejobs.tamu.edu .
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has no openings at this time.
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)