Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Allen fire inspector/arson investigator
- Aransas Pass fire chief
- Aubrey fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Bedford fire fighter/paramedic
- Bells VFD volunteer fire fighter
- Bonham fire fighter/paramedic and paramedic
- Brady fire fighter/paramedic and part-time fire fighter/paramedic
- Burnet County ESD 4 (Bertram FD) part-time fire fighter/EMT
- College Station fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic and fire inspector
- Comal County ESD 3 (Canyon Lake Fire/EMS) fire fighter/EMT, fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic
- Denton fire fighter/paramedic
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Euless fire fighter/paramedic
- Fort Bend County fire inspector
- Harker Heights fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Helotes fire chief and fire fighter/paramedic
- Hutchins fire chief and fire fighter/paramedic
- Irving fire prevention specialist
- Katy fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Keller fire fighter/paramedic
- Lewisville fire fighter/paramedic
- Liberty fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Longview fire fighter/paramedic
- Mansfield fire fighter/paramedic
- Midlothian fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Missouri City fire inspector
- Montgomery County ESD 6 (Porter FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 14 (Timber Lakes VFD) part-time fire fighter/EMT and volunteer fire fighter
- Murphy fire fighter/paramedic
- Princeton full-time and part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Richland Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Securitas fire fighter/paramedic
- Snyder driver/fire fighter
- Somervell County fire fighter/paramedic
- Southlake fire fighter/paramedic
- Texas City fire fighter/paramedic
- Travis County ESD 8 (Pedernales FD) fire fighter
- University Park fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic and assistant fire marshal
- University of Texas at Austin fire inspector
- Watauga fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic
- West University Place fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Yoakum fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has no openings at this time.
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)