Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Alamo Heights fire fighter/paramedic
- Alice fire fighter
- Anna volunteer fire fighter
- Baytown fire fighter/paramedic
- Bellaire fire fighter/paramedic
- Big Spring entry-level fire fighter
- Borger fire fighter/EMT
- Bulverde Spring Branch fire fighter/paramedic
- Burleson fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic (preferred)
- Cockrell Hill volunteer fire fighter
- Comal County deputy fire marshal
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Edna full-time, part-time and volunteer fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Ennis fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Fort Bend County lieutenant - permits/construction
- Frisco fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic (preferred)
- Gonzales entry-level fire fighter/EMT
- Grapevine fire fighter/EMT and fire fighter/paramedic (paramedic preferred)
- Harris County arson investigator, part-time arson investigator, fire inspector, and part-time fire inspector.
- Hays County ESD 3 fire chief
- Horseshoe Bay fire chief
- Humble fire fighter/paramedic
- Hutchins fire fighter/paramedic
- Kingsville fire fighter/paramedic, paramedic or fire fighter/EMT
- Krum fire fighter/paramedic
- Lubbock probationary fire fighter
- Luling fire fighter
- Manvel code enforcement officer/fire inspector
- Montgomery County ESD 2 (Montgomery FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 6 (Porter FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 7 (East Montgomery Co. FD) part-time fire fighter/EMT
- North Texas Area Combined Testing fire fighter/paramedic (preferred) or paramedic only
(Highland Village, Lake Cities, Little Elm)
- Northeast FR fire fighter/EMT
- North Hays County ESD 6 part-time fire inspector
- Odessa fire cadet and fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
- Perryton fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic
- Pilot Point fire fighter/paramedic
- Port of Houston Authority fire training officer
- Princeton volunteer fire fighter/EMT
- Richland Hills fire fighter/EMT and fire fighter/paramedic (preferred)
- River Oaks fire fighter/EMT
- Sansom Park fire fighter/EMT
- Smith County deputy fire marshal/hazard mitigation officer
- Southlake fire inspector
- Texas City fire fighter/paramedic
- Texas Motor Speedway fire fighter
- The Colony battalion chief
- Travis County fire marshal assistant deputy III
- Victoria fire fighter/EMT, fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic only
- Village Fire fire fighter/paramedic
- Wichita Falls fire fighter trainee
- Wylie fire fighter/EMT or paramedic (preferred)
- Yoakum fire fighter/EMT
The Texas A&M Forest Service has over 100 new positions as part of the Texas Wildfire Protection Plan (TWPP). All of the new positions are operational fire line positions. Please see the TWPP recruitment page at firejobs.tamu.edu .
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has no openings at this time.
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)