Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Alamo Heights fire fighter/paramedic
- Allen fire fighter/paramedic
- Balch Springs entry-level fire fighter/EMT
- Bastrop part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Brownfield fire fighter/EMT
- Brownwood fire chief
- Collin County deputy fire marshal
- Denton fire fighter/paramedic
- Eastex FD fire fighter/EMT
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Fort Bend County FMO fire inspector/investigator and deputy chief
- Fulshear Simonton FD battalion chief
- Gainesville fire fighter/EMT
- Gladewater part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Glenn Heights fire fighter/paramedic
- Godley fire fighter/EMT
- Guadalupe County assistant fire marshal/emergency management coordinator
- Harker Heights fire fighter/paramedic
- Humble fire fighter/paramedic
- Jasper fire marshal/code enforcement officer
- Kennedale fire fighter/paramedic
- Krum part-time fire fighter/paramedic
- Liberty fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Mesquite fire fighter
- Mount Pleasant part-time fire fighter
- North Richland Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Pearland fire fighter/paramedic
- Ponderosa fire fighter/EMT
- Portland fire fighter/EMT
- Rendon FD PRN fire fighter/paramedic
- Richmond training chief
- River Oaks part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Schertz fire fighter/EMT
- Southlake fire fighter/paramedic, fire fighter/paramedic (lateral program)
- Travis County ESD 1 fire fighter/paramedic
- Travis County ESD 2 (Pflugerville FD) fire fighter/EMT, fire fighter/paramedic and fire and life safety educator
- Wilmer part-time fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
Texas A&M Forest Service
The Texas A&M Forest Service lists current openings at http://tfsweb.tamu.edu/websites/twpp/.
Department of State Health Services
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has two openings at this time:
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)