Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Arlington fire fighter
- Bedford fire fighter/paramedic
- Bexar County ESD 7 fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Corpus Christi fire fighter/paramedic
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Flower Mound fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred) and fire prevention officer
- Gainesville fire fighter/EMT
- Garland fire fighter/paramedic
- Grand Prairie fire fighter/paramedic
- Harris County arson investigator, part-time arson investigator, fire inspector, and part-time fire inspector.
- Harris County ESD 48 fire fighter/equipment operator/EMT-B
- Harris County ESD 50 (Channelview FD) fire fighter/paramedic
- Hays County ESD 3 fire chief
- Humble fire fighter/paramedic
- Irving fire fighter
- Leon Valley fire fighter/paramedic
- Mansfield fire fighter/paramedic
- Missouri City fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County fire inspector
- Montgomery County ESD 1 fire fighter/EMT
- New Braunfels fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- North Richland Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Nueces County ESD 1 (Annaville FD) fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic
- Parker County ESD 1 fire fighter/EMT
- Pearland fire fighter/paramedic
- Port of Houston Authority fire training officer
- Portland fire fighter/EMT
- Richmond fire fighter/EMT
- River Oaks part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Rockwall fire fighter/driver-operator
- Terrell Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Texas Motor Speedway fire fighter
- Travis County ESD 2 (Pflugerville FD) fire fighter/EMT
- UT Southwestern Medical Center fire inspector
- Victoria fire fighter/EMT, fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic only
- Waxahachie fire fighter/EMT
The Texas A&M Forest Service has over 100 new positions as part of the Texas Wildfire Protection Plan (TWPP). All of the new positions are operational fire line positions. Please see the TWPP recruitment page at firejobs.tamu.edu .
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has no openings at this time.
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)