Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Alamo Area Fire Chiefs Association fire fighter/EMT
(includes Balcones Heights, Bracken, Bulverde Spring Branch, Castle Hills, Cibolo, District 2 ESD, District 7 ESD, Helotes, Kerrville, Leon Valley, Live Oak, Olmos Park, Schertz, Selma, Shavano Park and Universal City)
- Anna volunteer fire fighter
- Arlington fire fighter
- Beaumont fire fighter/EMT
- Bellaire fire fighter/paramedic
- Breckenridge fire fighter/EMT
- Bryan fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Clarksville fire fighter/EMT
- College Station fire fighter 3rd class
- Corpus Christi fire fighter/paramedic
- Duncanville fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Fort Bend County fire investigator/inspector
- Gainesville fire fighter/EMT
- Garland fire fighter/paramedic
- Grand Prairie fire fighter/paramedic
- Harris County arson investigator, part-time arson investigator, fire inspector, and part-time fire inspector.
- Harris County ESD 48 fire fighter/equipment operator/EMT-B
- Hewitt fire fighter/EMT
- Humble fire fighter/paramedic
- Irving fire fighter
- Jacksonville fire fighter/paramedic
- Kingsville fire fighter/paramedic
- Leon Valley fire fighter/paramedic
- Manvel fire marshal/code enforcement officer
- Mineral Wells fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Montgomery County ESD 1 fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 9 (Caney Creek VFD) fire fighter/EMT
- Needham part-time fire fighter/EMT
- New Braunfels fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- North Richland Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Nueces County ESD 1 (Annaville FD) fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic
- Pearland fire fighter/paramedic
- Perryton fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic
- Plainview fire fighter/EMT
- Ponderosa FD fire fighter/EMT
- Portland fire fighter/EMT
- Rendon fire fighter/paramedic
- River Oaks part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Texas Motor Speedway fire fighter
- Travis County ESD 2 (Pflugerville FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Travis County ESD 11 fire fighter/EMT
- University of Texas at Austin fire inspector
- Vernon fire fighter/EMT
- Village Fire fire fighter/paramedic
- Wilmer part-time fire fighter/paramedic
The Texas A&M Forest Service has over 100 new positions as part of the Texas Wildfire Protection Plan (TWPP). All of the new positions are operational fire line positions. Please see the TWPP recruitment page at firejobs.tamu.edu .
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has one opening at this time:
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)