Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Abilene probationary fire fighter
- Bedford fire fighter/paramedic
- Brady fire fighter/paramedic and part-time fire fighter/paramedic
- Buda fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Corsicana entry-level fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Duncanville fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Fort Bend County fire inspector
- Georgetown fire fighter/paramedic
- Gladewater fire fighter/EMT
- Grand Prairie fire fighter/paramedic
- Grapevine fire fighter/paramedic, fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
- Greenville entry level fire fighter/EMT
- Harker Heights fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Hays County ESD 3 (South Hays FD) fire chief
- Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) fire protection engineer
- Kennedale fire fighter/paramedic
- Kingsville fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
- Krum fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Leon Valley fire fighter/paramedic
- Lewisville fire fighter/paramedic
- Lufkin fire fighter/EMT
- Midland fire chief
- Montgomery County ESD 1 entry-level fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 6 (Porter FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 7 (East County FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 14 (Timber Lakes VFD) part-time fire fighter/EMT and volunteer fire fighter
- New Waverly part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Nueces County ESD 2 driver/operator
- Pecan Grove VFD part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Perryton fire fighter/EMT
- Portland fire fighter/EMT
- Richland Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Sansom Park paid reserve fire fighter/EMT
- Tarrant County College coordinator of fire service training
- Terrell Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- West University Place fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- White Settlement part-time fire fighter/EMT
- The Woodlands Township fire fighter/EMT
- Wylie fire fighter/EMT and fire fighter/paramedic
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has no openings at this time.
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)