Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Alamo Area Fire Chiefs Association fire fighter/EMT
(includes Balcones Heights, Bracken, Bulverde Spring Branch, Castle Hills, Cibolo, District 2 ESD, District 7 ESD, Helotes, Kerrville, Leon Valley, Live Oak, Olmos Park, Schertz, Selma, Shavano Park and Universal City)
- Benbrook fire fighter/paramedic and fire fighter/EMT
- Big Spring fire fighter/EMT
- Breckenridge fire fighter/EMT
- Bryan fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Burleson fire chief
- Cisco part-time fire fighter/ECA
- Cleburne fire fighter/paramedic
- College Station fire fighter 3rd class
- Comal County ESD 3 fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Fort Bend County fire investigator/inspector
- Galveston fire fighter/EMT
- Grand Prairie fire fighter/paramedic
- Harris County ESD 50 (Channelview FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Hays County ESD 5 (Kyle FD) fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Hillsboro fire fighter/paramedic
- Humble fire fighter/paramedic
- Hutchins fire fighter/paramedic
- Jollyville fire fighter/EMT
- Kennedale fire fighter/paramedic (full-time and part-time)
- Lewisville fire fighter/paramedic
- Montgomery County ESD 4 (Needham FR) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 7 (East Montgomery County FD) fire fighter/EMT
- Nacogdoches fire fighter/EMT
- Northeast Fire & Rescue fire fighter/EMT
- Northwest VFD fire fighter/EMT
- Pearland fire inspector/investigator
- Ponderosa FD fire fighter/EMT
- Port Lavaca fire fighter/EMT
- Rendon fire fighter/paramedic
- Rosenberg fire fighter/EMT
- Rowlett fire fighter/EMT
- Stephenville fire fighter/paramedic
- Temple fire fighter
- The Colony fire fighter/paramedic
- Tomball fire marshal and part-time deputy fire marshal
- Travis County ESD 8 (Pedernales FD) fire fighter
- Travis County ESD 11 fire fighter/EMT
- Van Alstyne fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Vernon fire fighter/EMT and fire chief
- Village Fire fire fighter/paramedic
- Willow Park fire inspector/EMT
The Texas A&M Forest Service has over 100 new positions as part of the Texas Wildfire Protection Plan (TWPP). All of the new positions are operational fire line positions. Please see the TWPP recruitment page at firejobs.tamu.edu .
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has one opening at this time:
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)