Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Aransas Pass fire fighter/EMT
- Argyle Fire District volunteer fire fighter
- Aubrey fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Bulverde Spring Branch fire fighter/EMT or fire fighter/paramedic
- Clarksville fire fighter/EMT
- Corsicana fire fighter/paramedic, paramedic or fire fighter/EMT
- Crowley fire fighter/paramedic
- Denton fire fighter/paramedic
- Eastex FD full-time fire fighter/EMT
- Edgecliff Village volunteer fire fighter
- Farmers Branch fire fighter/paramedic
- Glenn Heights fire fighter/paramedic
- Harker Heights fire fighter/paramedic
- Harris County ESD 50 (Channelview FD) paramedic/fire fighter or paramedic
- Hidalgo County fire marshal
- Hopkins County part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Humble fire fighter/paramedic (five openings)
- Jacksonville fire fighter/paramedic
- Katy fire chief
- Kingsville fire fighter/paramedic
- Liberty fire fighter/EMT (intermediate or paramedic preferred)
- Little Elm fire fighter/EMT (18-month paramedic required)
- Marble Falls fire chief
- Mexia entry-level fire fighter/EMT
- Midland fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Montgomery County ESD 2 (Montgomery Fire) fire fighter/EMT
- Montgomery County ESD 7 (East Montgomery County FD) part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Mount Pleasant part-time fire fighter
- North Richland Hills fire fighter/paramedic
- Northeast FR fire fighter/EMT
- Odessa fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
- Pampa fire fighter
- Pearland fire lieutenant
- Perryton fire fighter/EMT
- Plano fire fighter/paramedic
- Port Lavaca fire fighter/engineer
- Rendon FD PRN fire fighter/paramedic
- Rosenberg fire inspector/fire fighter/EMT
- Sansom Park fire fighter/EMT
- Schertz fire fighter/EMT
- Sherman fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Travis County ESD 4 fire chief
- Trophy Club fire fighter/paramedic
- Universal City fire chief
- University Park fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
- Vernon fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
The State Fire Marshal's Office, a division of the Texas Department of Insurance, has one opening:
For information about how to apply for SFMO openings, please visit TDI's human resources page.
The Texas A&M Forest Service lists current openings at firejobs.tamu.edu .
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has no openings at this time.
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)