Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
- Alamo Area Fire Chiefs Association fire fighter/EMT or paramedic
(includes Balcones Heights, Bracken, Bulverde Spring Branch, Canyon Lake, Castle Hills, Cibolo, Converse, District 2 ESD, District 7 ESD, Helotes, Kerrville, Kirby, Leon Valley, Live Oak, Olmos Park, Schertz, Selma, Shavano Park and Universal City)
- Allen fire fighter/paramedic
- Bexar-Bulverde VFD shift captain
- Bexar County ESD 2 (Bexar County 2 FD) fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Bonham fire fighter/paramedic and paramedic
- Brady fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred) and part-time fire fighter/paramedic
- Burleson fire fighter/EMT (EMT-I or paramedic preferred)
- Burnet County ESD 4 (Bertram FD) part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Cisco paid on call fire fighter
- Coppell fire fighter/paramedic
- Copperas Cove fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Corsicana fire chief
- Denton fire fighter/paramedic
- DeSoto fire fighter/paramedic
- Ennis fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Euless fire fighter/paramedic
- Farmers Branch fire fighter/paramedic
- Fort Bend County fire investigator/inspector
- Fulshear Simonton FD fire captain
- Harris County ESD 12 (Cloverleaf FD) full-time fire fighter, driver, and company officer
- Harris County ESD 48 fire lieutenant and fire fighter/EMT/driver-operator
- Houston Community College instructor fire protection technology
- Jollyville entry level fire fighter/EMT
- Lancaster fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Lockhart fire fighter
- Mineral Wells fire fighter/EMT (paramedic preferred)
- Oak Point fire fighter/EMT and fire fighter/shift captain
- Pampa fire fighter recruit
- Paris fire fighter/EMT
- Pearland fire fighter/paramedic
- Plano fire fighter/paramedic
- Port Lavaca fire fighter/engineer
- River Oaks part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Seguin fire fighter/paramedic and fire recruit
- Stephenville fire fighter/paramedic
- Texarkana apprentice fire fighter
- Travis County fire education outreach coordinator
- Travis County ESD 8 (Pedernales FD) fire fighter and engineer
- Travis County ESD 12 fire inspector/plans review
- Watauga fire fighter/paramedic or paramedic
- Webster fire fighter/paramedic
- White Settlement part-time fire fighter/EMT
- Williamson County ESD 3 (Hutto FR) fire inspector/fire-arson investigator
- Wilmer fire fighter/paramedic
The Texas Commission on Fire Protection has no openings at this time.
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Our posting guidelines:
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- Your department does not have to be a commission-regulated department to participate. We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the position is posted.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)