Texas fire service postings
The commission posts Texas fire service job openings on request. The following positions are currently posted:
Job posting guidelines
Please send job posting requests to the public information section. Failure to follow the guidelines will result in the posting of the position to be voided without notice. Our posting guidelines are:
- Please submit your job posting as a PDF file or web link. Other formats are not supported and will not be acknowledged.
- The job must be in Texas.
- The job must be a fire protection position. (Generally, if the position requires or would require a TCFP certification, we will post it.)
- We do NOT post "support" positions (e.g., dispatcher, administrative assistant, etc.) or EMS-only positions.
- We will post volunteer and industrial fire protection positions on request, provided that the position meets the preceding guidelines.
- We do not charge for postings.
- We will post the position as quickly as we can.
- Please include an end date. (If it's an open-ended posting, we will typically post it for a month at a time, but we're flexible - whatever works for your department.)