Certified Training Facilities
Organizations wishing to become a certified training facility must submit:
- A completed application for training facility certification TCFP-006 (PDF). and fee for each discipline (one application can be used for multiple TF certificates) for which the organization is seeking to provide training.
- The application must include:
- Descriptions and addresses of physical facilities
- An inventory of apparatus, equipment, and reference material to be utilized in conducting the training
- Letters of agreement that authorizes the use of readily available equipment and resources that are not owned by the training facility
- Photographs of resources
- a FIDO account owner form TCFP-019 (PDF). must be submitted with all initial applications for training facility certification.
- Resources, references and equipment lists can be found in the curriculum skills manual of each discipline that the facility wishes to provide training.
Please review Chapter 427 for more important information.
In addition to becoming a certified training facility, there are instructor requirements for teaching commission training. Information on instructor requirements are found in RULE §427.307 On-Site and Distance Training Provider Staff Requirements.
After the facility becomes certified, a training prior approval (TPA) must be completed and submitted via the department FIDO account to provide TCFP approved training for each class that will be conducted. Please contact our testing and training section 512-936-3816 for questions concerning TPA’s.