CE Sources

If you are an individual certificate holder, you are responsible for finding your own continuing education (CE). You are not required to submit CE with your renewal payment, but your CE will be subject to an audit request at any time.* There are several places to get CE training, including:

  • Commission-certified training facilities: Contact the commission-certified training facilities in your area for information about upcoming classes.
  • Fire departments: You can document CE you earn in a fire department classroom by completing Form TCFP-010, Continuing Education Documentation Form. Please note that the chief training officer or commission-certified instructor who taught the class must sign the form.
  • National Fire Academy:(or other nationally recognized training providers). You must maintain a certificate of completion to document this training. The certificate of completion must include the subject, date and number of hours completed.
  • Fire science college programs: You must keep a copy of an official transcript to document completion of a college course in fire science.
  • On-line continuing education providers:You can document this kind of training with a copy of your certificate of completion or a summary printed from the training provider's website. The standards division has the following contact information for online CE training providers:
  • Note: The links may be down for many reasons. TCFP is not responsible for these sites.

For your first year as an individual certificate holder (and your first year only), completing a basic academy in the 12 months prior to the expiration date of your first renewal period will count as CE. To document this, you must have a copy of a "certificate of completion" from your academy.

Chapter 441, §441.5 (m).

**** New Injury Reporting CE Requirement for TCFP****

The new rule language that requires ALL certified individuals to review the most recent injury report can be found here: RULE §441.5

The CE providers listed below are offering the new required injury report CE. TCFP does not either approve or endorse any CE provider and is only providing this information for reference. It is up to the individual or department to ensure the CE’s that are taken from these sources meets the TCFP rule. Please contact the CE provider for information and verification.