If you are an individual certificate holder, you are responsible for finding your own continuing education (CE). You are not required to submit CE with your renewal payment, but your CE will be subject to an audit request at any time.* There are several places to get CE training, including:
- Commission-certified training facilities: Contact the commission-certified training facilities in your area for information about upcoming classes.
- Fire departments: You can document CE you earn in a fire department classroom by completing Form TCFP-010, Continuing Education Documentation Form. Please note that the chief training officer or commission-certified instructor who taught the class must sign the form.
- National Fire Academy:(or other nationally recognized training providers). You must maintain a certificate of completion to document this training. The certificate of completion must include the subject, date and number of hours completed.
- Fire science college programs: You must keep a copy of an official transcript to document completion of a college course in fire science.
- On-line continuing education providers:You can document this kind of training with a copy of your certificate of completion or a summary printed from the training provider's website. The standards division has the following contact information for online CE training providers:
Note: The links may be down for many reasons. TCFP is not responsible for these sites.
- 24-7 Fire, (888) 240-4911, e-mail 24-7Fireinfo@hsi.com
- Action Training Systems, 1-800-755-1440
- CentreLearn Solutions, LLC, LLC, 1-877-435-9309
- Days Spring Associates, FAX 1-866-723-8211
- CE Solutions, 320 Southland Drive, Burnet, TX 78611; 1-888-447-1993; www.ems-ce.com
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- FireRescue1 Academy (formerly The FireEMS Academy)
- Target Solutions 10805 Rancho Bernardo Road, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92127, (858) 592-6880
- TEEX P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842-4006, 866-878-8900
For your first year as an individual certificate holder (and your first year only), completing a basic academy in the 12 months prior to the expiration date of your first renewal period will count as CE. To document this, you must have a copy of a "certificate of completion" from your academy.
Chapter 441, § 441.5 (m).